Rosa's World

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Where Have I Been (Part 4 of 4)????

 Hi There!

Last week, June 10th, a local Lobster Shop posted on Face Book that they had six 5 lb lobsters freshly cooked and their client cancelled their order at the last minute.

Did anyone want to buy 1 or all?

I quickly called them up, made arrangements to buy one and Zelda and I zipped over to Lorneville.

This is the biggest lobster that I've EVER had - 
5.5 pounds!!!


You're probably wondering, like I did, 
"Are the bigger ones as good as the smaller ones?"

Honestly?  This one was delicious.... 
don't get me wrong.  
But, the smaller ones are better.

As Gilbert is a vegetarian, 
he opted for a veggie sub.


This past weekend and week, I've been busy catching up on Bonnie Hunter's lastest step, with her Mystery Quilt, called "Lazy Sunday".  

It's published in the "Quiltmaker" magazine.


I've managed to finish all my blocks.  

The next Quiltmaker magazine probably won't be published now, for another 2 months.

I did, however, end up with all these small triangles and have decided to sew 'em all together and make pinwheel blocks.

As of yesterday afternoon, all the mini pinwheels are sewn up.  There's approx. 75 of them and they measure, give or take, 3 inches.... They need to be squared down to 2-1-2 inches, I'm guessing.

Late yesterday afternoon, Gilbert pinned one of my quilts onto "Bertha", our longarm machine.

"Le Jardin à Mémère" 
will probably be completed today!!!


Yesterday evening, I took a "Squedge" class.

Here are the fabrics that I had selected and cut into 2 inch strips...


And here's the finished table centerpiece.

Our class was from 6 pm to 9 pm but seriously, I think once you get the hang of this.... it would only take 1-1/5 hours to complete the top. 

FUN, FUN, FUN to make!!!


And apparently, there's a cah-zillion other patterns to make with the squedge ruler!

Looking forward to doing more!

Hope you all have a Terrific Thursday!

Rosa

1 comment:

tich said...

I watched your video link. Very interesting!