Rosa's World

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bobby's Hospice #1

Hi there!

It was recently brought to my attention that our local hospice - Bobby's Hospice - lets their patients use one of their quilts.  And apparently their quilts are getting rather shabby.

I LOVE making crumb blocks and had a few lego blocks.

Well, my few "Lego" blocks were languishing in an empty, yet clean, pizza box and had assumed the (ugly) title of UFO - "Un-Finished Object".

So, I decided that I had to get off the fence and move on with these Lego Blocks.  

I cut a few of 'em up and added a few crumb blocks and made the top of this quilt, that I've named "Bobby #1".  I "plan" on making 1 quilt per month, to give to Bobby's Hospice.

We shall see.

Here's the quilt top that I finished 3 days ago.


And, true to one of my New Year's Eve goal, I am using up as much of my fabric stash, as possible.  I've put together a "pieced" back!

Its like a reversible quilt!

*grin*


And, here's a picture of this quilt's label.  I don't wanna brag, but I think it's rather cute!


I hope to deliver this as soon as Gilbert quilts it and I get a few hours to bind it!

Later...

Rosa

1 comment:

Cupcake Recipes said...

This was lovely, thanks for sharing