Rosa's World

Saturday, April 23, 2011

To be Gammilled...

Hi There!

Lately it feels like I'm working on "stuff" and nothing seems to move ahead and get FINISHED! Kinda frustrating....

Gilbert's getting more business, which means there's a mini back log and I'm REAL happy that he and Bertha, our Longarm Gammill are busy, but.....

The projects that ARE finished, well....
Are put aside for "later".

And as I can well understand this, nevertheless, I feel like pouting, sometimes.

*grin*

So, this afternoon, we took the time to measure my Birthday Siggie Quilt top and YEP!!! It fits PERFECTLY, on our Queen Size bed!!!!



And, late this evening, I FINALLY finished the quilt top for that (crappy) fabric quilt kit - remember I had mentioned it, in one of my previous blogs?

Well, if you didn't know better, you'd LOVE the colors in this quilt!

*sigh*

Anyhow, we need to get rid of some of our old quilts. They're getting pretty raggy. I will use this one as our "surface" quilt.... meaning, that's the one that the cats will sleep on. *s*

Tomorrow, I'll dig out some of my (non-shop quality) big pieces and piece together a backing for this baby.



Around 4 p.m. this afternoon and after much thought, Gilbert decided to change his computer set up, in Bertha's room.

To make a long story short, he needed to buy himself a set of computer speakers, 'cause he listens to music, when he's quilting.

So, we headed off to Future Shop and he picked himself up a Bose sound system.

He's VERY pleased with the quality and sound!!!



He now has, what we call here, "Charlie's Laptop".

One of my readers will understand what I mean when I write this. *grin*

The laptop is much more compact, for his tiny desk space, in Bertha's room.

That's all for now.

It's going on 11 p.m. and I'm EXHAUSTED!!!

Happy Easter!!!!

Rosa

3 comments:

Frummie said...

LOL for Charlie's laptop.

Love you,

Frummie & Charlie

Susan In Texas said...

Happy Easter. I love your siggy quilt. Marvelous!

Happy quilting,
Susan in Texas

Cyn said...

Super siggy quilt.
Wowzer... a BOSE sound system! OMGoodness, Gilbert is really "up town" now! That's top of the line--good for him and Bertha.
Hugs,
/;-)