Rosa's World

Friday, March 2, 2012

e-Newsletter - November 2011

Hi There!

LinkI'm still on vacation - read about it here.
(gotta go update it, though)

I can't believe a week's almost gone by!

:-(

And I'm still working on my Batik Blocks. I need to make 30 blocks and I think, as of yesterday evening, I have 14(?) made. I'll take a picture, later today and post a blog on the run, of my progress.

This morning, I thought I'd share with you the e-Newsletter that I had mailed out, this past November.
(I've removed the "time sensitive" activities since they've already expired.)

******************************************

Have any of you ever heard of or tried “Inklingo”?

http://inklingo.com/

I have a few of her patterns and her revolutionary technique is incredible! And she’s from Canada, too!

She has several “patterns” for free. You upload them to your computer. Cut a piece of freezer paper – 8-1/2 X 11 inches and iron it to the FRONT of your fabric. Cut AROUND the freezer paper that’s now temporarily stuck to your fabric, to bring it back to 8-1/2 X 11 inches. Now, here’s the cool part! Insert this “sheet” into your printer tray, open up your inklingo pattern and click “print”! You’ll now have the pattern pieces on the back of your fabric.

EXCELLENT for hand piecing, although you can machine piece these pieces, as well! Trust me – try it once and you’ll be hooked! If you need help, give me a holler.

Here’s one of my “Go To” sites, if I’m bored or looking to make a quilt or searching for a block:


Quilter’s Cache:

http://www.quilterscache.com/QuiltBlocksGalore.html


Here’s where I go for embroidery stiches:

Sharon B’s Dictionary of Stitches:

http://inaminuteago.com/stitchindex.html


Will you travelling and looking for a quilt shop?

Try “Quilt Shop Directory”…

http://www.quiltprofessionals.com/quiltstore.htm


************************************


Sorry, no pictures to share with you this morning.



Later - yes.


Stay tuned....



Have a Fabulous Friday!!!


Rosa




No comments: