Rosa's World

Saturday, May 12, 2012

April e-Newsletter

Hi There!

Here's April's e-Newsletter:

********************************

Hi There!

Sorry I’m late sending out April’s e-Newsletter.  Time ran away from me and I’m slowly trying to catch up with it!

Do you love pincushions like I do?  Here’s a web site with LOTS of heee-zeee smeee-zeee tutorials for pincushions:

Did you ever see something and think, “Duh!  Now why didn’t I think of this?!??”
A practical and easy way to make pincushion!
  
My blogging friend, Pat, wrote about cleaning your cutting mat:
Didn’t even think about cleaning it…. Makes sense, though, eh?

For the chess players out there:

And because I like to add an off-topic link, here’s a great way to convert a bar of soap into liquid soap. It apparently takes about 20 minutes and can save you oodles of money!   More money = more fabric and sewing notions, right?!??!

I received this link, this week.  A ONF/NFB film that I had seen a while back but it still fascinates me!

I can’t remember if I mentioned this before, but I’ve been following a free BOM (Block Of the Month) with adorable, wool appliquéd rabbits. The blog and BOM designer said that she will be removing the BOMs off the internet as soon as they’re posted…. But so far, the 1st three are still there. Today, she published BOM #4.  If you’re not interested in making them right now, I would recommend that you save or print the BOMs for a future date.  She publishes them on the 15th of each month.
The BOM is called “The Adventures of Harrington and Hannah”:

Remember my newest idol – Bonnie Hunter?  I call her the Queen of Scraps.  Bonnie writes that you can get an XXL (cotton) man’s shirt for 25 or 50 cents at yard sales…. And there’s much more fabric in a LARGE man’s shirt than in fat quarters!  LOL

Here’s Bonnie’s first(?) video on how she de-bones a shirt::

I just found another easy-to-make quilty project that I was supposed to share with you, during last December’s e-Newsletter but I completely forgot!  Sorry ‘bout that but, on the bright side…. You now all have an early start and can make a bunch of these for Christmas, eh?  LOL
For Ear buds:

And these look pretty nifty, as well…
(sssshhhh…. These should be pretty easy to make…. Just sayin’….)

Now, if some of you are looking for my previous e-Newsletters, I am slowing adding them to my blog:

Scroll waaaay down and on the right hand side, you’ll see “e-Newsletter” listed under Labels – click on “e-Newsletter”….. or you can do a Search for
“e-Newsletter”.

Hope you all had a wonderful Passover and Easter!


Gilbert and Rosa

 
At the beginning of each month (or there abouts), I will be sending you an e-Newsletter.  If you no longer wish to receive it, please reply to this message and ask to be removed from the list. I will gladly remove your name.

No comments: