Yesterday, I finally finished this year's "Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt", called "Easy Street".
Well, just the quilt top... so far.
Gilbert and I had it on Bertha, our Gammill Longarm, for a photo shoot.
It measures 98" - square.
And here's one where you can see the (scrappy) borders.
Because I HATE running out of pieced blocks, I usually make 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 ... or more pieces.
Yes, I know.
I'm a sucker for punishment!
AND, because I had pre-cut a whole bunch of triangles, pinned them on my design wall and when I needed them... I didn't SEE them...
Sooooo, I went and cut a whole bunch more triangles!
I ended up with a bunch of "Orphan" blocks, as well as a whole bunch of triangles and decided to use these, on the back of the quilt...
A la Bonnie Hunter!!!
More extra pieces...
Today, at 4h30 p.m., I finally used up all of my Orphan blocks without having to cut too much more.
Here's something I gonna try, from now on.
I'm gonna make a set of pillow cases with left over fabrics.
Two gray pillow cases, with a 1 inch strip of lime green and gorgeous turquoise / sky blue polka dot fabrics.
Tomorrow, I plan on pulling out my big chunks of purples, turquoises and limes/apple greens and make a complete, solid back.
Will post a picture once the back is completed.
Have a great week!