Rosa's World

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Mystery Quilt - Step #2

 Hi There!

Finished sewing up Step #1 blocks for Bonnie Hunter's new Mystery Quilt called "Lazy Sunday".


Step #2, we get to cut some purple squares and start putting some blocks together!


Mind you, in this picture, I've still got more blocks to cut up in the oranges... and the blues have yet to be introduced but I, nevertheless, started playing with the placement of these blocks.  This setting is rather eye-pleasing.


As for this one, I really don't care for it.  

I believe that if I'm going to put a LOT of effort into cutting and sewing a lot of blocks, I like to be able to SEE a pattern emerging - A least to show off my efforts.

Something that looks like it was thrown together or worst, even...  looking like fabric got "vomited", is not "eye pleasing" to me. 

:-(

You really don't see a clear and precise "pattern" on the picture, here.


Yesterday evening, I finally finished piecing all of these blocks... all 24 of them.  The picture below shows the extra blocks that were left over.  These will probably go somewhere, on the quilt back.  Stay tuned. *s*


And here are all my blocks, on my Design Wall.


This morning, I get to work on my last quilt that I will be entering in our local quilt show.  I need to make and baste a sleeve.  YUCK!!!  I truly DO hate doing this but if we need to make a "sleeve" if we're to enter a quilt in a show.   Otherwise, how do the organizers hang it up, eh?

AFTERWARDS, I will play with these blocks.

Hope you have a Super Saturday!

Rosa

2 comments:

Beth in MN said...

I love the fabrics you are using. They are so bright and cheerful. Lots of interest.

Bonnie said...

I like what you've done playing with your blocks but don't be a bit surprised if Bonnie does something entirely different especially as she uses some of the different colors still left. I hope to get back to Easy Street in another month once I get some other things done!