Rosa's World

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gifties - Jo Spindle

Hi there!

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, my friend Jo Spindle and I were emailing each other, back and forth. Jo offered to make me a pillowcase with cowboy "pinups". At the time, I remember telling her that I didn't think Gilbert would be too, too impressed. She replied, "Oh, that's okay. I have some with girly print, too."

So, I accepted her generous offer and then, in my typical fashion... I forgot about it. DARN BRAIN! *slaps her forehead*... I seem to forget a lot of things, lately...

So, at dinner time (lunch for most of you) and with only 1 hour, before I had to head back to work, I picked up James - my youngest son, grabbed some Mickey Dees, rushed home and as I pulled into the driveway, I noticed that my mailbox was "open" - there was "something" poking out from the top.

Park the car, unlock the door to the house, drop Mickey Dee on the kitchen table, run out to the mail box and there was Jo Spindle's snail mail addy, on the corner of my package!!!

"Hmmm... I wonder what she sent me?", I asked myself.

Opened up her parcel and left it on the corner of the kitchen table as I scarved down my Mickey Dees. Didn't dare touch it, in case I would get food stains on it. But, I remember looking at it and thinking, "Hmmm... that's interesting fabric. I wonder why Jo sent it to me."

Then, after a few more minutes of eating my food, drinking my pop and glancing at the fabric, it all came back to me. Jo had remembered me and the guy and girly fabric! *VBG*

Then, as I was almost finished my meal, it struck me! "OH MY GOD, ROSA!!! She actually went and MADE you pillow cases!!!!"

After work, I decided what better time than to change our bedding - in the middle of the week - no less... LOL... and put on Jo's pillow cases!


Here they are, on our bed! One for me and one for Gilbert!


Don't know if you can see it, but Jo added a wonderful "seam" or "edge" to our pillowcases!


Will have to try that trick, the next time I make pillowcases! *grin*


Here's a closeup of Gilbert's pillow!


And here's a closeup of mine!

Now... it's 12h09 midnight and I'm off to bed, for my "sweet" dreams.....

Should be GREAT! My only fear is that our pillows get switched during the night,
turning my "dreams" into a "nightmare".... LOL

Thanks so, SO much, Jo! You're the best!

Rosa

2 comments:

Elly D said...

Ooooh La Laaa Rosa!! Hope you had some good dreams, LOL. What a lovely surprise for you in your male... ;-D
Hugs
Elly

Anonymous said...

Rosa:
So, what did Gilbert think????