Rosa's World

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Misc. - Poste Canada Post

Poste Canada Post

For the past 2 years, I have been using the postal service quite a bit....
All thanks to my "Dear Jane" group of friends, all over the world - Secret Pal (2006 and 2007), Siggie Swaps and other various swaps or gifty exchanges.

Anyhow, I'm ALWAYS complaining about the service -
or maybe I should be writing... "NON-Service", with Canada Post.

Anyhow, yesterday I happened to be near one of our typical mail boxes and started reading the info, on the red mail box.
I'm POSITIVE many of you have not taken the time to actually READ what was on there.

It's a HUGE FARCE!!!



Right underneath the "flap" where you can slip your envelopes in,
is the time for delivery, for standard envelopes.

My Aunt mailed me a birthday card, on the 10th of February, 2008. The card arrived on the 19th of February.... and she only lives about 6 miles away from me!!!!
The card was properly addressed and had the correct amount of stamps.

NINETEEN DAYS and not the 2 days, that the mail box says it should take!

I live on the East Coast of Canada. When I mail something to Montréal, Québec, it takes a FULL SEVEN DAYS, to get there.... not the 4 days indicated on the box. Sending to British Columbia - that's on the OTHER side of Canada - on the West Coast....
well, that's anyone's guess as to how long it takes!

Don't believe me? Ask any Canuck! They'll tell you what kind of NON-service we have and I'm POSITIVE they'll have their own stories to tell you.

Here's a close-up of those "delivery times", in case you can't see it in the previous pic.



Like everyone else, I'm sure, I keep saying that I'll write a letter to the minister in charge of Poste Canada Post - but I never do it. *shrug*

And would it make a difference, eh? *sigh*

Every now and then, it's in the news that Poste Canada Post should be privatized... and it's debated back and forth.

I say, "Go for it!!!! It certainly can't be any worst than what it is now!"

I could go on and on about other "stories" about Poste Canada Post,
but I think I'd best stop here... blood pressure is rising! LOL

Anyhow, this is my rant for the day....

Hope you have a great day and that your postal service is better than ours!

Rosa


No comments: