Rosa's World

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Spidron - A New Adventure!!!

Hi there!

Well, last spring I finally joined a quilting guild-
The Marco Polo Quilting Guild....
Mind you, it sure helps that they meet once a month,
about 3 blocks away. *grin*

Anyhow.... and silly me.... I have a knack of
biting more than I can chew, or
jumping both feet FIRST and then,
asking questions....

Soooooo, our guild booked us for an "on-line" quilting course.

Have any of you ever done that, before?
No? Well, neither have I! LOL

Gilbert asked if it would be done in video format.
I replied, "Hell, I don't know!!!"

LOL

Well, this evening, I was to pull out 2 light colors - 1 lighter than the other, and
2 dark colors - 1 lighter than the other.

Now, here's the tricky part... all 4 colors had to be 2/3 of a yard EACH!

I think I've been doing too many Dear Jane blocks....
Most of my fabrics are either 1/4 yard or fat quarters -
or even less, sometimes! *grin*

I had been procrastinating till tonight,
I HAD to find fabric, in my stash!

After all, tomorrow is supposed to be our first lesson!
*grin*

After pulling out almost ALL my totes - fabric scattered ALL over - mayhem reigned!
And almost 1 hours later, here's what I selected....



Ivory, peach, taupe and what I call my "snake skin" fabric (far right).

Have any of you ever used the wrong side of a fabric?

Well, I've been tempted before, but tonight,
desperate measures had to be taken.
*grin*

I'll be using the wrong side of my "snake skin" fabric.

Will keep you guys and gals posted on how my
"on-line" courses are coming!

Rosa

2 comments:

ranette said...

Hi Rosa, I've used the wrong side of fabric many times and with great results. Go for it!

Susan said...

That looks like fun.... I like your color choices.

Who determines which side is the right side? The side you are using is the right side for you.