Rosa's World

Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Mariage of 2 Friendships

Hi there!

Well, today Gilbert and I went on a little day trip.

There was a mini quilt show, on the Kingston Peninsula
and we also went "caching", too!

I got a chance to do some sewing,
this afternoon.

*VBG*

Anyhow, as some of you might remember,
my friend Elaine had sent me,
"Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" book.

The blocks are 6 inches and INCREDIBLE!!!

Well, ANOTHER Janiac friend, Karen,
had sent me her (promised) 10 Dear Jane blocks,
just recently... PLUS a few pieces of polka dot fabrics,
Well....... I couldn't resist!
(NOTE: I'll be blogging and showing you Karen's blocks, soon...)



I had promised myself that I would make "some"
of the SBS (Sylvia's Bridal Sampler) blocks,
but decided to make some in polka dots, too!

Karen's generous gift gave me this dotty idea. *grin*

Some of these dotty fabrics also came from Jacqui.

She and I had swapped dots (privately),
last year.




Here are the other 3 SBS blocks, done in CW fabrics....

These fabrics were sent to me, by Diane.

No, I probably won't make ALL of the SBS blocks....
but enough to make 2 lap quilts.

*grin*

Thanks everyone!!!

Rosa

No comments: