Rosa's World

Friday, May 28, 2010

Put Out an APB for Rosa!


Hi There!

I've had several blogger friends send me emails, worried 'cause I hadn't blogged in AGES!!!

Okaaaay, it was just ONE blogger friend, but when she sent me her email, it really touched me here... *touches her heart*

Thanks - I truly appreciated your concern....
*grin*

Gilbert and I have been SOOOOO busy with "Bertha" and did anyone of you REALIZE, that with ALL these lovely quilts that Gilbert is doing... why SOMEONE in our household now has to do the BINDING, eh?!?!?

Finished a mini quilt (11-1/2 X 13-1/2 inches), that we will hang up in our front window, hoping that this will generate some business.


Two of my friends had supplied the fabrics,
therefore I've named this mini quilt,
"Frummie Elena".

*VBG*

And Gilbert "stitched in the ditch" Longarm quilted it!



I've been also trying to keep up with pictures and quilting details, on our 3 A Quilting web page.... Go check out our "Braggin' Wall" - I added a few more pictures there, this evening.

Okay, received a piece of junk (snail) mail at work, this week and my eyes glanced at this sentence, written by Mark Twain:

"If you do what you've always done,
you'll get what you've always gotten."


And I thought, "Gosh! That's exactly how we get, as quilters, right... We get into our safe zone and don't really wanna get out of there, eh?"

How's that for a deep thought, eh?

Kinda makes you want to break out of your routine and see if you can do something different .... just to see the (different) results, eh?

*grin*

Oh... and speaking about breaking out of your "safe zone", here's a cool video that really opened up my eyes....

It's Dr. Bob, from Superior Threads.

Well, I"m outta here. S'almost midnight and it's time for me to hit the hay....

Just remember.....
If your favorite blogger hasn't blogged in awhile - send them an email... I'm POSITIVE it will cheer them up!
Try and do something different this week
and finally, try and have fun, while you're at it!

*grin*

Rosa

No comments: