Rosa's World

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Log Cabin Eye Candy!!!

Hi There!Link

Gilbert and I went to our local quilt show, this morning. As some of you might know, my favorite quilt blocks are the "Log Cabins".... there's SOOOOO many different ways you can place the blocks, right?

Well, in the past 2 or 3 years, I've come to see more and more Log Cabins, with appliqués in them!

And I LOVE appliqués, as well!

Here are a few, from the quilt show.
(apologies 'cause I didn't get your names or details...)

This was had adorable hearts in it, with silver, metallic fabric.



And it ALSO had the COOLEST heart quilting, as well!



This one had fat and thin BRIGHT stripes. The different sizes of stripes gives the illusion of curves.



And here's a picture of me, taking a picture of this quilt, taken with Giblert's iPhone. Click on either of the pictures and it looks like there's a bright light shining through the BRIGHT fabrics. Incredible, eh?!??!



Here's a close-up.



Look at the INCREDIBLE appliqués!!!



More to come....

In the meantime, you might want to visit my friend Riel's blog page. She has a lot of incredible pictures, too.

Have a great Saturday!

Rosa

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh...love the eye candy!