Rosa's World

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday's Activities.

Hi There!

Gilbert and I had a few errands to run this morning. Got home by 11h30, ate some leftover pizza from last night's supper and then, we rolled up our sleeves and got down to business.

I had made these 4 wall hangings, in May or June this year, and never made the tabs to hang them up.

They're supposed to be hung up in Bertha's room, to display Gilbert's micro stippling.

BTW, just a bit of info that I've recently learned....

The difference between meandering and stippling, when it comes to quilting...

Meandering is bigger. Think of a long, windy road in the country.

Stippling is like meandering but tiny, tiny, tiny stitches. Some people refer to this kind of quilting as "Micro Stippling", sometimes.

The wall hangings are about 4 inches across and 12 inches high and they're called "Garden Banners".



Yes, I did embroidery on some of them.



This one is pieced together
and machine appliquéd.



And this is the first time that I appliquéd with wool and I just LOVED it!!!

Easy to do and I just LOVE the different texture and feel that it gave to this one!



And this one... what can I say?
I used too big of a size with my Perl Cotton.

It's hard to read the words and I didn't have the heart to take it apart and re-do it.

"Love Awaits at the Edge of a Petal".

And I chenilled the pieces on this one.



Now, while I worked on the tabs for these 4 wall hangings - which took ALL afternoon, BTW - Gilbert decided that he would start work on those painted blocks. You know? On the back of his ironing board.

I thought I'd share his progress, with you.

He selected 3 traditional blocks.



Can you guess which ones they are?
*s*



Well, that's it.

S'now 11h12 p.m. and I'm heading off to bed.

Tomorrow, I start - seriously - working on that t-shirt quilt.
(I had picked up the required interfacing this morning).

Rosa


No comments: