Rosa's World

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Running Around...

Hi There!

Well, we were SUPPOSED to get a bad snow storm with rain - storm #10, during the night.

This morning, when I looked out the window, it appeared as if we only got 5 or 6 inches of snow and that a LOT of rain had fallen, afterwards. There was a LOT of slush on the roads.

Not much of a major storm, IMHO.

And HEY!!!!

By tomorrow, I'll be able to say,
"I'm leaving for Florida, next week."

YIKES!!!

I'll probably start running around,
next weekend, well.....



Gilbert and I found and prepared the perfect back for my American Jane Baby quilt. He should be able to long arm it, on Tuesday!

I showed Gilbert how to read the instructions on cutting these BOMs (Block Of the Month) - and he (expertly) cut out my last 2 BOMs.

Thank you, Gilbert!!!

I was then, able to finish off the last BOM from LAST year....



And, finish off THIS year's (last) BOM!!!



I'm hoping to start piecing these together once I'm back from Florida.... if my feet ever touch the ground!

LOL

And, later on this afternoon, Gilbert made a big batch of home made veggie soup!



Then, we dug out my old recipe on
"Pudding Chomeur"
and he made this!

Pudding Chomeur was a dessert that was created in the 1930's,
in the province of Quebec.

Translated, it means
"Unemployment Pudding".

(NOTE: We added a splash of dark rhum to the sauce and it was DELISH!!!)

It's a white cake - no eggs - and has a brown sugar sauce, underneath it.



Finally, I took 2 of my jelly rolls and came up with today's number.

EIGHT more days till I take off!!!



Hope you're having a
Sewing Sunday!!!

Rosa

1 comment:

Susan In Texas said...

I hope our next storm peters out as well; I'm sick of snow and ice. It's not natural in Texas at all!

Happy quilting,
Susan in Texas