Rosa's World

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Living on "Elaine" Time


Hi There!

My friend Elaine and her hubby
will be hopping on a cruise ship,
tomorrow morning!!!

They will be hitting a lot of ports
and most IMPORTANTLY,
on the 28th of this month....

Their ship will be coming to MY city!!!!!

I've been keeping an eye (or two) on my calendar!





Looked at my milk cartoon,
yesterday morning and thought,
"Hmmmm... I'll be buying ANOTHER carton of milk,
before Elaine and her hubby get here."



I keep checking my calendar.
I keep re-verifying their itineary.
And will soon be counting how many
"sleepies" I have till I meet them!
*grin*

Elaine has told me SEVERAL TIMES,
that her and her hubby will be wearing LOTS
of warm clothes....

I wouldn't want my 2 California raisins
freezing and becoming "iced wine"!!!!



In fact, Elaine and I were joking about
their weather and ours
and at one point, just between you and I,
I thought they might be exaggerating!

Until I got up this morning and
looked at our temperature thingy, outside....


(Picture was taken at 7h30 a.m.)

Now, apparently these low digits -
or should I say, THIS low digit, was a fluke....
and the fact that we got snow flurries last night, too!



I took this picture a couple years ago
for another project and
figured that it would tie in nicely
with their upcoming trip.

They leave REAL early tomorrow morning -

GOSH....
CAN YOU TELL THAT I'M EAGER
TO MEET UP WITH THEM?!?!??!


*VBG*

Will keep you all posted ....

Rosa



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're leaving on a jet plane...finally our day of departure is almost here!

Final packing taking place tonight...what a process this has been! The "truck" is arriving in the morning to haul all our suitcases to the airport.

Then they'll put the plane into "turbo-thrust" and we're off!

Hugs,

Elaine

Frummie said...

I am jealous! I am REALLY JEALOUS!!!
Have a great trip Elaine. I know Rosa is counting the day's.
Love,
Frummie

Susan In Texas said...

The 28th will be here before you know it, even if you do obsessively count the intervening stuff lol. I hope you have a splendid visit!

All the best,
Susan
http://susanintexas.blogspot.com