Rosa's World

Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Cinderella Syndrome


Okay.... here's the scoop.

I took Friday afternoon off 'cause I have Monday off 'cause Tuesday is Remembrance Day, here in Canada and most of us have it off.... AND, I wanted an extra, EXTRA, long weekend!

Soooo, Friday morning, I realize that I needed to do a bank deposit (for work) and it wasn't done on Thursday. So, I leave work at noon and I'm starving, right? I decide to go pick up a "Combo #2" at one of our local Chineese restaurants. Arrive there - too many people. Decide to have it as "take out"... wait a good 20 minutes, anyhow. Leave there, rush to our bank - ANOTHER line-up! Wait a good 10 minutes there, rush home, get out of the car with "Combo #2", starting to get colder and colder by the minute and YEP! I stepped right into one of our dog's wonderful little "gifts"!

*groan*

Okay, in his defense, we haven't been very good owners lately and our backyard WAS starting to really look like a mine field 'cept the bombs weren't buried.

Anyhow... hurry out the front to scrap the bottom of my shoe off, on the front lawn. THAT took a good 5 minutes. Rush into the house... scarf down "Combo #2", which was luke warm by now.
And instead of having the work bank deposit book with me, all weekend, I decided to go back to work to return the darn book, on my way to groceries.... our cupboard was REALLY bare - hence the necessity for "Combo #2".

Arrived home around 3 p.m., avoiding this time, those little "gifties" from our dog, unpacked grocery... went upstairs and got changed - now, it's about 3h30 p.m. and then..... POOF! I sit back and realize that I'm exhausted!!!

LOL

And, Friday afternoon, I was "supposed" to have a restful afternoon...
all to my self, so that I could SEW!




Anyhow, today's Sunday (5 p.m.) and Gilbert decided he wanted to make up a few batches of lasagna... we freeze them up for later.

People, I'm not sure if any of you are lucky enough to have a husband that does MOST or ALL of the cooking.... it sure is nice! *VBG*

And did you ever notice how those that DO cook... why, they just seem to enjoy it SOOO much, too! That's the amazing part, in my books!!!!

LOL


Anyhow, the un-written law here is that Gilbert cooks and I do the dishes.

Now, the odd time, I'll cook the meal and, the odd time, he'll help and dry the dishes.

And THANK GOD, he's not a complainer! Those dishes sometimes are there for days, too! *grin*




He's started mentioning renovations, again. I guess the kitchen/dining room is next... I REALLY hate the thought of all that work - packing dishes, moving stuff... not having a kitchen for a few months, but I KNOW it will look 100% (plus) better than what it looks like now...

And... HEY! he promises to buy a dishwasher, too!!!

Will keep you guys posted on renos....

Rosa

No comments: