Rosa's World

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

St. Andrews-by-the-Sea, New Brunswick - Quilt Show 1 of 3

Hi there!

Two weekends ago - the 11th of July,
the Quoddy Quilters were having their
annual quilt show -
"Quoddy Quilts 2009"

I called up my Aunt Agatha to see if she'd like to come with me.
She agreed, and by 9 a.m., she was sitting beside me,
in my bright yellow car. *grin*

Well, on our way there, she tells me that
she doesn't remember ever going to
St. George.

Sooo.... I took the St. George exit and off we went,
to explore this little village.

I stopped to take a picture of the
old St. George pulp and paper mill.



Well, since I took soooo many pictures,
that I want to share with you, I figured that it was
best to divide them up.

Anyhow, we made it to St. Andrews,
went to the quilt shop - I'll blog about that tomorrow....
and we participated in a mini shop hop, too!

*grin*

On one of the buildings, there was this GORGEOUS mural!!!

Don't cha just LOVE murals?!?!??

Anyhow, my Aunt snapped my picture,
in front of the mural.
(at any point, you can click on my pics
to make them bigger, eh...)



After doing a few shops,
we decided it was time to grab a bite to eat.

Now, St. Andrews USED to be called,
St. Andrews-by-the-Sea.

Here, we managed to grab a seat,
outside on the terrace and look out
into the Passamaquoddy Bay!

This is my Aunt, gazing towards the water....



My Aunt Agatha, waiting for our waitress...

*grin*



St. Andrews is VERY touristy....
Normally, I don't care for "touristy",
but this village is just TOO adorable!!!!

It's also well known for the
"Algonquin Hotel"....

Here's my Aunt....



And here's a picture of me,
in front of the Algonquin....



Well, I didn't want to overload you with information
and too many pictures....

I'll upload another blog,
tomorrow evening - Part 2 of 3,
of my Saturday,
in St. Andrews-by-the-Sea.




Rosa

Blog-Quote:
"If the shoe fits - buy them in every color."


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

St. Andrews looks lovely...will we be going there??

Nice hotel....!

Enjoying the pictures tremendously.

Hugs,

Elaine in SLO, Ca
LEss than 3 months and counting....

Elly D said...

It looks like you had a fabulous day Rosa with your Aunt. Great photos!

Oh and your saying about shoes... I have done just that with a couple of styles lately... well not every colour but a second one >G<

BTW I've had a finish!! :))
ticap....teecap or tyecap...Okay I'll go for teecap.... A ticap is a teacup of course said with a French accent :))))) hugs

Carol said...

1. Favorite snack is chocolate.
2. favorite colors are Pinks, mostly hot pinks and colors that go with it
3. colors I dislike -- not many, but I do not like dead browns.
4. I collect flamingos, hence the hot pink color
5. still dabble in doll house minis -- love needle turn applique.
6. I aspire to be organized and better at my applique, wife, mother and grandmother
7. my hope is that my family and all of us will be safe during our 'crisis'.
8. Most of all I dream of having a really good friend again that will go to the Owl Cafe for hamburgers on Wednesdays with me. My dear friend passed away a year ago at our applique meeting -- she was my quilting bud and I miss her so much.

9. And, I may add that I always delight in reading Rosa's posts and visiting her blog. She is a very upbeat and helpful person, one who I would like to know better. Ahhhhhh...

Carol Klein in Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

do you know if St. Andrews has this every year? my brother in law lives just beyond the Algonquin, across from the tennis courts... we'll be up in August, and was hoping perhaps there maybe some quilt stuff around... ;-)