Rosa's World

Saturday, July 25, 2009

St. Andrews-by-the-Sea, New Brunswick - Quilt Show 3 of 3

Hi There!

Two things, I'd like to share first
before I get into my last blog on
St. Andrews...

First, my friend Barb has since written
and she told me that
"Floral Basket Appliqué"
had won "Viewer's Choice".

Second, I've had a couple requests, regarding St. Andrews
and the Fairmont Algonquin Hotel.

Here's a couple web sites that might interest you.
*grin*

The Fairmont Algonquin

St. Andrews, New Brunswick

Shopping in St. Andrews


Okay, onto my last blog, about our trip
to St. Andrews-by-the-Sea....

You know those door prizes tickets,
that some events give out?

You know - they draw a number,
for some (usually) useless prize
that you'll probably NEVER use?

And you're standing there,
with sweaty palms, holding onto your ticket,
drooped shoulders (cause you KNOW you won't win)
and waiting for them to call our YOUR number.....

And this never happens, right? *groan*

Well, in St. Andrews... THIS YEAR -
They finally picked MY number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And YES!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was something that I could use, too!!!

It was a mason jar,
filled with 6 lovely FAT QUARTERS:
Here's my Aunt, holding the jar!

(click on any of the pictures to enlarge)



We had sat down, for complimentary
tea and muffins/cookies - yummy, BTW!

I actually thought it was a pin cushion,
on the top.



But no, it wasn't a pincushion.....

S'easy to make, too!

Take 6 coordinating fat quarters
and roll them up, tightly.

Then, cut a round circular piece of black fabric,
with what I call "zig-zag scissors"....
Remove the metal "plate" to your mason jar cover,
place on top, screw on cover and
pin in several needles
to make a cute Happy Face.



How easy was that, eh?!??

I thought I'd share with you my good luck
AND how cute and easy this gifty was,
in case your guild needs to make prizes
or you're lookin' to send someone a nice
"Thank You"....

*grin*

Today, we're planning on doing some
"Yard Sailing", again
and I need to pick up my monthly
BOM (Block Of the Month),
at our one and only Quilt Shop.

Have a great day!

Rosa

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Wow, Rosa. You certainly had some good luck!!!

Have you decided what you will use the fabric on?

Anonymous said...

WOW! Lucky you... what a great prize and so creatively packaged!

Congratulations Rosa!

Hugs,

Elaine in SLO,Ca

Elly D said...

Congratulations on your lucky draw Rosa!! That is a lovely way to package a gift indeed.
Thank you for the lovely quilty tour, I enjoyed looking at your selection. Thank you for taking the time to share it with us. hugs Elly

pumatort.... a german pumpkin tart?? Or a kitty taught by a puma??