Rosa's World

Friday, March 12, 2010

Karen's / Rosa's gifty!!!


Hi There!

I invited my friend Karen here, this afternoon, as I had a surprise for her.

Today, I would let go of one of my quilts and give it to Karen. Deep down inside, I was worried that she wouldn't like it, worried that she might refuse it... Sad, as I would be letting go of one of my "babies" ... yet EXTREMELY happy to give her this gift.

What a hodge podge of feelings, eh?
*grin*

Well, as you can tell by the picture, Karen was quite pleased!
I had her read the label, on the back of the quilt, and as she realized that it was for HER, her eyes grew bigger and bigger!

*VBG*



And WOW!!!!!!!

Karen, in the meantime, and without knowing that "I" had created a gifty for her...

She TOO had an incredible gifty for me!!!

Karen, the non-quilter, had looked up a quilt pattern on the internet and drew a quilt, on canvas and painted it with markers. She even included the little "quilt" lines on it, too!



And, OF COURSE, it was done in our Geocaching colors!!!!

And here's what she wrote around her painting:

"You don't need coordinates or a fancy-smancy GPS
to find an awesome friend in this
world, but sometimes the GPS helps you find one anyway. :-)
To robich, my awesome friend! - K.J. McLean 2009"

Isn't that the coolest?!??!?

Gilbert and I are off to Moncton, tomorrow....
Shopping expedition!
*grin*

Have a great weekend!

Rosa



2 comments:

KJ McLean said...

An amazing gift from an amazing woman! I showed the quilt to my husband and he was as flabbergasted as I was. Thank you so so much!

My quilt and I are now going to go take a nap! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosa,

What wonderful gifts you gave to each other! So thoughtful and caring!

And the greatest gift you gIve to each other is your friendship...and that is priceless!

Friendships are THE best!

Hugs,
Elaine