Rosa's World

Monday, January 4, 2010

I Culled it's Name and it Culled Back to Me!

Hi there!

Last year - hey, that was in 2009 - Gilbert and I went to pick up some 2" X 2" pieces of wood. Some of them were warped and we had to sort through them. One of the workers came up to us and I asked him how come there were so many warped pieces. He replied that they, the workers, "cull" them a couple times, each day.

CULL?!??!?!?!?!?

Okay, my ears perked up - a NEW word... YUMMY!!!!

LOL

Well, since I was procrastinating yesterday on the shoveling part, I spent a good part of the morning "culling" my fabric..... HEY!!!! anything to avoid going outside!!! LOL

Finally, Gilbert came downstairs and after about 1/2 hour, we had done the dirty deed and my back was, I do believe, literally SCREAMING... I went back to my "culling".

I just did a google on "cull" and here's something that I found, that kinda resembles what and why I "culled" my fabric, yesterday:

How to Cull Chickens - eHow.com
They write:
"When you are working on building up a small flock of chickens, culling is an unpleasant but extremely necessary part of the process. The smaller the flock, the more necessary it is to cull properly; each bird needs to pull it's own weight."

Well, here's the scoop. When I first started quilting, I had NO IDEA what shop quality fabric was - fabric was fabric and as long as you couldn't see your fingers through the fabric (too much), then it was good to use. That was in 2003, I believe.

January 3rd, 2010 (yesterday), I "culled" a lot of my fabrics that weren't pulling their own weight.... and gave them to a friend's mother who is retired, on a senior's budget and really doesn't care WHAT kind of fabric it is, as long as she can sew it.

It's a win-win situation! *grin*

Hey, one could say that I was "Culling 2 birds with 1 stone" !!!

LOL

And, while culling, I took the time to sort out my "crumbs", according to color. Once THAT task was finished, I started working on 4 place mats for my Mom. She asked for "green" ones and NO, I can't post a picture 'cause she reads my blog from time to time and honestly folks, she's much too smart for her own good! LOL

Back to work today. Thankfully, Mondays are usually REAL busy and so much more, after a long holiday.

Lots of phones calls = time that FLIES by! *VBG*

Sorry, no pics today.... But Gilbert's started his own blog and he took apart my Sewing Studio chair (AKA The Queen's Chair), today. He blogged about it and I'm supposed to work on the back of the chair this evening. He will probably be posting pictures of me working on the back part of the chair, or perhaps not. And I, according to him, am supposed to post the final picture of my chair, on my blog... or perhaps not. LOL

BTW, his blog is in French, but if you ever need something translated on there, give me a buzz, okay?

Blog du Tigre

Please leave him a message and Oh YAH! I've been telling him about all these wonderful blog (quilting) contests and I mentioned to him that there must be TONS of blog sites with computer info/stuff and techie sites and HEY!! who knows, eh? These sites might sometimes have contests too, eh?

Sooooo, if any of you know of any blog sites relating to computers, or techie stuff... please pass the web site to him - I'm positive he'd appreciate it! *grin*

Have a GREAT day!

Rosa

No comments: