Rosa's World

Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Quilt Show Results - "Operation Jane"

Hi There!

Hi there!

I've decided to share with you what I had written on my quilts and what the judges wrote. I've got a fairly tough skin and had hoped that I would receive constructive criticism.

HEY! You can only get better, right?!?!?
LOL

Anyhow, here's what I wrote:

Pattern from the book Dear Jane by Brenda M. Papadakis. started in June 2005 and with a 2 year hiatus, finally added the binding July 2010. 169 blocks, 52 triangles, 4 kites for a total of 5130 pieces of fabric with very few repeats. When I started this quilt, I was new at quilting. I've since learned a lot of new and different techniques, whether it be paper piecing or all the different methods of appliqué, this was an INCREDIBLE learning quilt. Longarm quilted by Gilbert Crevier (3A Quilting).

Here's a picture of me, with my "Operation Jane".



And yet another picture....



And I was ASTOUNDED at the interest that some people had, with this quilt.
(I'm on the far right... short with red hair. I was explaining to the ladies about this quilt.... and would you believe, they were interested?!?!??!)

*grin*



Here's what the judges wrote:

VISUAL ASPECTS:
Design - EXCELLENT
Colour - EXCELLENT
General Presentation - EXCELLENT

TECHNICAL ASPECTS:
Top Assembly - Excellent
Quilting - Good
Finishing - Good

COMMENTS:
Lovely choice of fabrics
Center focal point nicely done!
Good colour sense!

Sooooooooo, I thought I'd share with you the judges comments in case you ever decide to enter any of your quilts in a quilt show, for judging. *s*

Rosa

16 comments:

Miriam said...

Congratulations Rosa!!!!

Your quilt is amazing!

Great comments from the judges.

Pip said...

You must be really happy with those comments Rosa, congratulations on finishing your Jane, it is absolutely lovely.

Caron at Michigan Quilts said...

Great job, Rosa! How fantastic to finish a big project like that. It looks beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Your Dear Jane is wonderful! The colors are beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us.

Anita in ABQ

Riel Nason said...

Hi Rosa, I think that's great you put the comments on your blog. I was thinking of doing the same, and believe me yours are better than mine. Thanks so much for linking me up in the previous post. Your Mom Carmel is sweet. She started talking to my daughter if how we got going. I'll link you up when I post your quilts in a few days (have to do one more prize winner post first). The show was such great fun. My goodness everyone was nice to me. I am going to join the guild I think. Anyway, gotta go, I have convinced my husband to take us for a Sunday family drive to Marden's! ;-)

Susan said...

Rosa,

That is just so fantastic!!! I feel proud of you. So lovely to see it in all it's glory. Can't wait to finish off mine as well!!!

Regards,

Susan

Pat from Florida said...

Way to go, Rosa!

tich said...

Oh, Rosa! Your quilt is absolutely gorgeous!! You must be so proud!!

Retrogirl said...

Congratulations, Rosa. Great job!! I'd be tickled pink with half those comments!!

viridian said...

CONGRATS!
I've been on hiatus with this quilt for over 10 months!

luv2quilt2 said...

Congratulations! It's just gorgeous!

LiteMotif said...

Rosa!!! She is beautiful. You really should take a picture of yourself in your crown, wrap DJ about you and survey your kingdom. All of your quilts are just gorgeous but Jane does take one's breath away. Thank you for sharing the judge's comments and the show.

Paula said...

Congratulations Rosa!! Your quilt is absolutely stunning, and those comments Rosa you must be in seven heaven. Thank you for posting.

Brigitte said...

dear Rosa,
CONGRATULATiON, you earn the Godess crown of the Janiacs!!!! And you really started the next - wow!!! Would love to see it in reality - hugs Brigitte

Cyn said...

Atta Girl, Rosa! You did an amazing job and your quilt looks wonderful!
Great comments from the judges, too!
hugs,
/;-)

Susan said...

Your Dear Jane is STUNNING.....

It takes a special person to get that quilt finished.