Rosa's World

Monday, April 26, 2010

Funky Chicken's Coming to Life!!

Hi There!

I traced these 2 Funky Chickens from an appliqué book that I owned.

Okay, this is what I was told.

If you're working on a floor mat, you NEED to use "wool". Now, these look like sheets of craft felts, but they're the real McCoy.... and they are very durable and will stand up to the test of time.

If you're making a wall hanging.... well, ANYTHING GOES!

LOL

One of the hookers told me that a group of hookers had made some wallhangings, with all sorts of unconventional things - panty hose, paper bag chips and anything else they could get their hands on! *grin*

So, I decided to pull out my bags of yarn and found some delightful eye-lash yarns and have been having fun intermixing yarn (wool) with eye-lash yarns.



And NO, it's not done but I thought I'd share with you my progress on these fun loving chickens...

Here's a close-up of my chicken's eye and her beak.



That's it, so far.

Having a BLAST with this new medium!

Rosa

3 comments:

Dena said...

Looks like you're having lots of fun. Thanks for sharing.

Pat from Florida said...

So cute! Can't wait to see how you do those skinny legs.

Terry said...

AHHH, Rosa, your funky chicken is too cute:) Keep up the good work, hooking seems to agree with you (LOL)
Hugs,
Terry