Rosa's World

Sunday, April 4, 2010

High Tides in Saint John!

Hi there!

I thought I'd share with you a bit of information.
Here in Saint John, the bay tides rise 28 ½ feet.
We are supposed to have the highest tides, in the world!

I honestly think that it has an effect
on the condition of my "Sewing Studio", too!

The "tide" rises to a considerable height...



This affects my cutting board area, too!



And, I ask you....
Do you honestly think that it's possible,
to work, when the tide is high, eh?!?!?

LOL



Okay, this was the condition of my Sewing Studio,
yesterday morning.

After the potluck at my Sister's house, yesterday,
I decided it was time to clean up...

Afterwards, I re-started to work on my
FFF (Fabulous Fall Frolic) block swap,
and continued to work on them, today.

These blocks were swapped out in January 2009.



Here's the quilt top - finished!
I want to add a border or two,
around it.

Now, I know swapped quilt blocks
are probably like your own kids -
you're not supposed to have "favorites"...
or at least brag about them, in public.

Well, I couldn't help myself....
Mind you, I love each and every
swapped block, but
here are closeups of my favorite ones.



This one, I made...
*grin*



Papa's Star - GOOD GRIEF,
but it's PERFECT!!!!



This one was reverse appliqué!
INCREDIBLE!!!!



This is another one that I made with
some donated fabrics.
*grin*

I plan on adding some info about the FFF swap,
on this "Siggie" block.

Thanks Elaine for the plaid!
Thanks Frummie for the wooden log fabrics!



And this one was perfectly done and
such lovely fall colors!

Thanks everyone, for participating
in the FFF swap!!!!

Tomorrow afternoon,
I will be (rug) "hooking" with
Karen, my friend!

Rosa

4 comments:

viridian said...

I like the 'high tide' pictures! Yes, do add information about the quilt and the blocks. I think labels are so important.

Miriam said...

What a beautiful quilt!

Terry said...

Like the high tide effects in your sewing room:) Could you dream up an excuse for my mess, remembering I'm in Indiana-no high tides available LOL
LOVE the FFF quilt top...absolutely gorgeous!!!!
I need to get mine going:)
Hugs,
Terry

Jacqui's Quilts said...

That quilt top is turning out wonderful! Love the setting. Great job Rosa!