Rosa's World

Sunday, August 15, 2010

"Butts On the Beach" - 1

Hi There!

Remember that "Pledge Promise"?

Well, here goes....

A certain friend ... *clearing my throat*...
encouraged me? - no.
enticed me? - no, not quite.
tricked me? - no, that's not it.
bullied me? - YAH!!!

THAT'S THE WORD!!!

Anyhow, I got the "Clamshell" collection from Inklingo and really wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with it. I didn't want to make a whole quilt - mini or not, just with clamshells.

Well, I thought long and hard and finally came up with two ideas. The first one is the one that I will share with you.... especially since I'm not quite sure how this will turn out and I'll be needing some of your feedback.

*grin*

My first one is about some "naked" butts, on the beach.

Sooooo, I went and ordered a package (10 per package) of skin tone fabrics from "Keepsake Quilting" and had it delivered to my holding place, in Calais, Maine, which Gilbert and I picked up, a few weeks ago.



Yesterday morning, I was digging through my limited batik fabrics - no, I don't want any more.... Batiks and I have a Love/Hate relationship. *grin*

Anyhooooo, here's 2 fabrics that I came across!!!!

Soft, brownish sand with built-in clamshells and some water batik!!!



Frummie skyped me yesterday evening and I showed her these 2 fabrics. She said she had some PERFECT batik fabric, for the sky, which she promises to mail to me!

*grin*



Well, this morning, I printed out - on paper - a set of clamshells.... just to play around with them.

I decided that I would print my Inklingo on the RIGHT side of the fabric and appliqué them.



Sooooo, what do you think, eh?

Imagine the clamshells, in paper, are skin toned (naked) butts?

A kind of nudist beach!



Can you just hear the seagulls, which I will be embroidering here and there??? And possibly add a lighthouse, in the background and maybe a sailboat or two.




Will keep you all posted on when I start this project. Right now, I'm just in the "Process" stage.... and remember? I had pledged to share the process.

*grin*

Rosa

No comments: