Rosa's World

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What's Under My Needle...

Hi There!

I meant to put the "Pledge" button, on my blog, and I forgot. It's there now, if you want to join in the fun. *grin*

This is what Rossie's blog wrote:

"I have made a process pledge. The goal of the process pledge is to create a new sensibility in quilting blogs where we don’t just show finishes or occasionally confess about our moments of indecision, but chat openly and often about our works in progress, our inspirations, and our moments of decision. I know that many of us are already posting about our thinking on quilts and the processes involved from start to finish, let's do more! And let's post about quilts as we work on them. I want to see more half-done quilts, not just the finished thing with a journal entry about the process."

So, I, Rosa, pledge to talk more about my processes, even when I can’t quite put them in the in words or be sure I’m being totally clear. I’m going to put my thinking and my gut feelings out there.

**********************************

Okay, now that we have the preliminaries out of the way, here's where my "thinking process" went this week.

I received this gorgeous tea towel from Rosemary. Gilbert and I didn't want to use it as an actual "tea towel".... much to pretty for that. Anyhow, Gilbert's the one that suggested that he (and Bertha) quilt it and I suggested that we use it as a table runner.

Well, Gilbert quilted it. I bought some black fabric, while in Maine, for it's binding.

Well, as I'm adding the binding, and Gilbert and I are chatting away, he says, "I don't think this should go on our kitchen table. We really wouldn't want to stain it."

So, thinking process occurred. We decided that it will go on our wall. Besides, as quilters come to visit and drop off their quilts, for "Bertha", it's nice to have something different on our walls, right?

Gilbert went and echo quilted around this gorgeous dragon...



And here's my zipper foot, zipping along and sewing that black binding.



Do you suppose I need a label? What would you all do? Would you add one on?

Okay.... kinda tired this evening.

Signing off....

Rosa

No comments: