Rosa's World

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Silk Ribbons!!!

Hi there!

Remember when I had my blog contest?
I had written that usually folks LOVE
to see their name in bright lights,
LOVE "free" stuff and LOVE to win -
doesn't matter WHAT it is.. s'long as they "won"!

LOL

And remember when I wrote to tell you all,
that I had won a contest?

Well, a few weeks ago,
my parcel came in!

I won TEN (10) gorgeous silk ribbons,
from these people - CT Publishers,
but had NO IDEA what or how to use them!
*scratching her head*



Well, I'm POSITIVE that everyone has
a bestest friend, or two....
you know?
the kind that you can either write to or call
and ask like the STUPIDEST question,
and they would never, EVER laugh to your face, right?

(ssssshhhhh.... but, in reality, the BESTEST EVER kind of friend laughs to your face and you laugh with them!!! LOL)

Well, THANK THE GOOD LORD that I have several of those kind of friends!

And I try to alternate them, with my round of questions. *grin*

This time, I wrote to my friend, Frummie.

Me: FRUMMIE! What in TARNATIONS do I DO with these gorgeous ribbons??!?
Frummie: You embroider them! Remember I sent you that link, a week or two ago, with
ribbon embroidery?
Me: Aaaaah... no, Frummie. I'm sorry, but I don't remember.
Frummie: (she probably sighed, just before she typed back a reply - LOL)

Anyhow, Frummie sent me THIS incredible link, from a company called "Threads".



The collection that I received is called:
"Holiday Celebration" by Susan Schrempf.

INCREDIBLE COLORS!!!

And with the web site that Frummie sent me,
now I can TRULY DREAM and ask Santa
for that gift, once again, that I've never truly received...

More time.

More time to do "stuff" - ROSA "Stuff", actually!

Have any of you ever asked Santa, for that?

*grin*

Read this on one of the groups that I belong to.
Thought I'd share....

******************************

Twas the night before Christmas, I'm glued to the tree.
I'm wondering what Santa brought just for me.
Could it be fat quarters or a pattern or lace?
Or a quilt kit, I said, with a smile on my face.
And that's when I heard him,
"Hi Santa," I said
"You know....good little girls should be in their beds ".
"I know I should Santa, and now I've got caught.
But I was just so excited to see what you brought."
"Well, let's take a look in this room where you work."
He shook his head quickly, And left with a jerk.
I heard him exclaim as he put it in gear.
"You've got enough stuff, I'll see you next year!"

author unknown

P.S. I better clean my quilting room before he checks mine!

******************************

That's about it, for now.

Rosa

2 comments:

KJ McLean said...

I bet you could rug-hook those ribbons... :)

Frummie said...

So, whatcha gonna make with all the beautiful ribbons?
Can't wait to see it.
Love you,